Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday 29 April 2010

Serendipity, Denise & Nanna's Closet

I just love serendipity!.."the faculty of discovering pleasing things by chance"
I think God must have made her up.
This week I had an unexpected txt from an old & very dear friend Denise who was in Hawke's Bay this week doing a course in biodynamic gardening.
Denise & our friends Jane & Shelley were living in a wee house in Hawera a long time ago. Here she is outside 27 High Street
Rob & I fell in love with this wee place & went about tracking down the owner Mrs Barley
We bought the house for $14,000 & spent the next 9 years living there.
Mmm the garden when we first moved in

Anyway it was so lovely to catch up with Denise & since we were in Napier we had a browse in the coolest shop: OOMA (Objects of my affection) that sells fabulous jewelery, bags, scarves & the most divine slippers that come from California
  I bought mine a few years ago now & I am so glad that it is nearly slipper
time again.
 Denise outside OOMA
There is a lot of reflection from the glass but isn't this the most fab window dressing!
I so fell in love with the little heart shaped rose brooches..on the slippers & on the bodice

What a perfect space for a florist..love the Art Deco lead light windows
                            




I just had to pop this in here..the dearest child's winter coat from the 60s..seen in the Antique centre in Tennyson Street






On my way home (& no I wasn't gone for hours & hours) I stumbled upon a little vintage shop at 181 Hastings Street, awaiting a sign, but aptly named "Nanna's Closet". A lovely lady with a life long passion for vintage "stuff" has set up a little business stocking her shop with as much New Zealand made vintage bits & pieces as she can lay her hands on. Very reasonably priced, there are certainly treasures to be found & it is always so nice to support lovely people having ago : )
Isn't this snuggly!
I adore these clip ons
How "Happy" is this apron!
And for the last serendipitous encounter of the week..I went to the door to find a lady wondering if I had any more pears for sale & also found this...comfy as you like!
And they had come with a car full of children!
The birds name: "Teddy bear pom pom"


1 comment:

So lovely of you to leave a comment. Thank you!! So sorry if you've tried to leave one & it hasn't worked. You are welcome to email me at catherine@sunshinevintage.nz instead, if you'd like to, much love Catherine♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails