Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Sunday 16 September 2012

Little Lucie & Lily & Popping Corn on the Cob

Do you ever feel like the world is a weird place?
Overwhelmed by the harshness & the hard things?
It seems to me that quite a few people are finding things a little tough just now.
Well, I know just how you feel...so come along with me & follow the bright shiny hedge.
You can slip along the brick edge if you like but you'll have to do pin-steps if you do.
I've sprayed all the moss with a clever little recipe of baking soda & vinegar in warm water..works a treat. And yes I know that it looks a bit ugly just now but you're supposed to be concentrating on your pin-steps & the not wobbling off the path bit.
 Right, here we are.
Now, stand yourself just right in the centre & very soon you'll be beamed up into a new & sparkly land where everyone is kind, cheery & nice.
 Now just look at that... all the blossom trees are bursting out, right around the garden.
And even over the walls beyond.
 Apple blossom is so crisp & happy.
 The fig leaves have begun to offer up their open hands in friendship.
 The borage is a bit pointy & brusque but the bees must feel right at home..I find so many hovering round the borage patch.
 I adore bluebells (just in case you didn't know) I mostly grow them because of the fairies..they love them too.
 How could I not send for this dear little fabric..
 Oh there she is, there's Lucie. Do you have any wooden clothes pins like Mrs Tiggywinkles?
I have borrowed a number of her washing baskets...she said that she didn't mind, not all, not at all.
 Quite intriguing this popping corn. We are supposed to put it in to an oven bag & 2 minutes in the microwave. It sounds like such fun. We did some with Kaitiaki but it wasn't a great success, but then I didn't have an oven bag on hand, just a bowl.
I think we'll have to try again.
 I don't think I've picked nasturtiums for a vase before.
They are so wildly colourful & very cheery.
 I have been having a book shuffle & tidy up & I came across this little library discard (amazing what they sell off at the library).
Stories the fairies tell themselves.
 "Bother! Now I've dropped my needle. It will be running off with the thimble, before you can blink- up to all tricks & stitches, I shouldn't wonder. Could you help me find it? It can't be far away.

And just look who's snuck in to the picture...none other than Lily the garden fairy.
 And while you're looking I'll tell you a story. It will help to pass the time.
Would you like that?
Good. Then I'll begin...

 "Twists & stitches I can hear the Royal trumpets. The Queen is coming! she'll be here in a blink. Pod pass me a pearl. Just one more- then it's done. There! What do you think? A work of art, don't you agree?. You'll never see another dress quite like it."
Now these two, they're praying.
Praying with me (as they are terribly grateful that I rescued the from the jumble at the Market..goodness, so lost they were, amidst the riffraff).
Praying.. that you would know
 ...that you are just quite lovely indeed & that I am very grateful to you for visiting & sharing this journey with me. Thank you!!
I have one more thing for you to do before you go.
Righteo just come & pop yourself at the top of my wee step ladder & you'll be able to see my finished blanket bunting.
 Just couldn't help myself, I did in fact trim them all the same.
And I rather like them being squarish not pointy bunting. The vintage blanket styles seem to lend themselves to squares & rectangles best.



Thank you too for all your lovely comments & emails.
I really wish that I managed to reply to you all more often..but please know that I am just so glad that you're there & that you are so kind to take the time to write.
You are such an encouragement!!
Have a lovely week!
See you soon.
MUCH
 ♥♥♥♥♥

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the fairy stories, Gathering Katie!
    Your garden is delightful already! I can just imagine the abundance that will come as the weather warms.
    Bunting in the garden! Beautiful!
    Thank you for such a sweet dose of softness, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful post...
    Your blog is so enchanting!
    Have a magical week, won't you.
    love Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking me on a lovely journey and making me smile!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes.
    Yes.
    I sure enjoyed my walk with you today and love the prayer flags! Everything looks so fresh and green at your place. We're headed into winter, temps are getting cooler and it's great sleeping weather.
    xoxo
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, thank you for the lovely walk and trip inside the beautiful, Catherine. I love the books, the flowers, the blossoms, well, just all of it. A magical post.

    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Catherine - thankyou for a very magical walk - your garden looks amazing, things are much more advanced than over this side of the country. I just love all your photos - spring is certainly such a wonderful season (my favourite I think). I adore your fairy storybook & your little praying figurines. But Oh My - that blanket bunting in the garden is just to die for !!! I am glad you did them all even as I do like it that way & think that yes, they needed to be trimmed evenly & I love them in squares. You inspire me - have had the most loveliest sunny day here today - good for the soul. Sending warm thoughts/hugs your way, Luv Julie Xox

    ReplyDelete

So lovely of you to leave a comment. Thank you!! So sorry if you've tried to leave one & it hasn't worked. You are welcome to email me at catherine@sunshinevintage.nz instead, if you'd like to, much love Catherine♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails